(re)settle from abroad

Are you living abroad, and do you want to live in the Netherlands (again)? Is your stay lawful and longer than 4 months? If so, you must register with the municipality in the Municipal Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen, BRP). You must notify the municipality within five days of your arrival.

To make an appointment and/or for more information please send an email to: gemeente@halderberge.nl 

What you need to know

The municipality must ascertain the identity of everyone who reports to (re)settle in the Netherlands. That is why you and all persons moving with you must come to us in person with identity documents. 

Your stay is lawful when:

  • you have the Dutch nationality
  • you have the nationality of another EU country
  • you have a valid residence permit

What you need to bring

  • a valid identity document, such as a passport, driving license and/or residence permit
  • if you are from Belgium, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, St. Eustatius or St. Maarten, you need to have an official document of deregistration
  • if you do not have a European nationality: you need proof that the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) has approved your stay.
  • a written Rental/Purchase Agreement of the address where you are going to stay (or written consent of the owner/tenant)
  • other original, legalized and translated foreign documents (which have not yet been registered in the Netherlands), of you and your children, such as birth, marriage or divorce certificates, which are not older than 6 months.

(Please visit www.nederlandwereldwijd.nl to know what your documents need to comply with in order to use them in the Netherlands)